Helicopter Island (El Nido, Palawan)

One of the nearest islands in the town of El Nido is the Dilumacad Island, also known as The Helicopter Island.

It is one of my favorite islands in El Nido because of its beautiful underwater landscape and corals; there are also lots of different fishes that you can see here.

It's a wonderful site, perfect for snorkeling. I really enjoyed our stay in this island, the underwater view is EPIC!

image
(Helicopter Island--May 2013)





By just looking at its shape, you will already know why it's called the Helicopter Island. The Island looks like a helicopter without its propellers. But for me, the Island looks more of a turtle than a helicopter. Most foreigners, according to our boatman, also say that the island looks more of like a half-submerged (chicken) drumstick or a turtle than a helicopter.

image
((Helicopter Island--May 2013)



When we went here last May 18, 2013 we didn't have a lot of time to stay at this island because our tour was a combination of tours A and C where we can visit a total of 10 islands (that made our time of stay at the islands very limited).

I would definitely love to go back in here to stay a lot longer and enjoy the wonderful underwater creations of God! :)

image
(Helicopter Island--May 2013)




The photo above shows one part of the Helicopter Island where the boats dock. Aside from the nice snorkeling area and crystal clear waters that the island has, the island also offers a white sand beach that you can enjoy.

Go and see it for yourself! :) Just don't forget your snorkeling gears and underwater cameras! Because just like me, you'll definitely regret it if you haven't bring any of those items that i mentioned above. :)
Me and my friends failed to bring an underwater camera, that's why i won't be able to show you how beautiful the island's underwater view is! I guess you just have to see it for yourself.

Enjoy the beautiful Islands of El Nido and enjoy snorkeling at the Helicopter Island! By the way, this island is part of the Tour C. :)

Praise God for His wonderful Creations!! :D I am in awe of His wonderful works! Truly, Nature is God's most EPIC artworks!

Adios!

-The Palawenya Explorer!

(Credits to Ate Ella Tandog for some of the photos ;) )



Updates



JUNE 2015

 

(Approaching the Helicopter Island)
 This is the last stop of our island hopping tour combination A and C.
(Snapping a photo of my cousin before we went down to the shore of the island)

As our boat docked at the shore of the island I can't help but feel so excited to see the underwater scenery of this island once more.

(Snorkeling time)
 It's my second time to visit the Helicopter Island!



(The shore of Dilumacad Island)

  And just like the first time, I had a great time snorkeling in this island.


(A closer look of the shore)
The sand on beach of the island is not powdery and soft, the sand is mixed with pebble stones so you might want to wear your slippers while walking on the beach for comfort purposes.

(Dilumacad Shores)



Before we went snorkeling, my little cousin and I had a mini photo shoot.

(Henrielle at the Helicopter Island)



(What a nice place this is!)



(Look up!)

(Look down)


(This time with Auntie Beth)

(My beautiful Aunt and Cousin)



So after snapping some photos of my little cousin, we prepared to go snorkeling. Time to see some more fishes and nice corals.


(Getting ready for snorkeling time)


The underwater scenery of the island never fails to amaze me. It is really nice and there were still a lot of fishes.

(Some of the corals)
The nice thing about this island is that you don't need to go further to the deep parts of the water because just a few meters from the shore there's already a nice coral reef with a lot of different types of fishes.


(Coral reef at Helicopter Island)


 The pictures may not give justice to how great the coral reefs look like in person.


(Seascape, Helicopter Island 2015)



(Dilumacad Island, EL Nido Palawan)

Unlike my first visit, we had plenty of time to explore the island. I really enjoyed snorkeling and swimming with the fishes.

(Snorkeling break, Photo opps muna)

This place is really worth visiting.

(My little cousin, Henrielle and I)

 This island is one of my favorite islands in EL Nido. If you were to ask me how I'll rate this island, it'll be my second favorite island next to Matinloc. The next time I come back to this island i'll try my best to bring my own underwater camera to show you guys how beautiful the underwater view this island has.

(My dad, checking out the other side of the island)

 For now, you just have to go here and see it for your self hehe. :)

(My dadding striking a pose)



ADIOS!


-The Palaweña Explorer ;)

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. I found this is an informative and interesting post so i think so it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. best snorkeling destinations

    ReplyDelete