SECRET BEACH (El Nido, Palawan)

MAY 2013


The SPECTACULAR UNDERWATER VIEW offered by this Island is one of the most breathtaking views I've ever seen in my entire life!

From the underwater caves to the variety of fishes, everything that you will find in this island is just extremely awesome.

The Secret beach is my top 1 favorite island in El Nido (so far). Among the 9 islands that i've been to (in El Nido), this one tops my list!

The secret beach offers the MOST AWESOME underwater view ever!

Upon hopping out of the boat i bravely went to the hole alone. When i noticed that my companions are still at the boat, i went back and waited for them to come down into the water. This time i wore my snorkeling mask and bowed my head down to see the view beneath me. As i looked down, "Whoooah!", was the first thing that came out of my mouth! "Oh my gosh, thaaaat was amaaaazing", i said to myself.

That was my first time to see that kind of view under the water, there was an underwater cave that is really really amazing and the water is really deep!! I can imagine mermaids and other types marine life swimming at the depth of that water. GRABE ANG LALIM! Nakakalula! Imagine yourself at the top of a 20 or say 40 floor building, that is how deep the water is.

image
(This is the only picture that i got during our visit to the secret beach.)





Sorry i won't be able to show you the secret beach behind this towering limestone cliffs, because i failed to bring an underwater camera.

To be able to discover the secret beach you must swim through a hole in this limestone cliff. The hole is located in front of the first boat ahead of ours.

After enjoying the view outside of the Secret Beach, i swam through the hole to get inside the secret beach. Once inside, you can already walk on the top of the cave (but be careful cause there are holes in there).
It really is a paradise in there!

If you are one of those daredevils who wanted to try just about anything, you can try cliff jumping and diving in here. :)

As i went near the entrance of the secret beach, i saw one of our boatmen climbing up the limestone. I wondered why he was climbing from the outside when he can actually swim through the hole to get inside the secret beach. So, when i was already inside the secret beach, i looked for him, and i saw him on top of the limestone cliff. After a few minutes, he jumped from the top to the inside of the secret beach (he landed to the area where the water is deep, but close to the underwater cave.) It was really a dangerous stunt cause if you incorrectly estimated the distance of the shallow part to the deep parts, oh my you're dead man, crushed skulls and all. Another stunt performed by our other boatman (yes, the two of them are daredevils and pasikat, if i may say so hahaha), is swimming through an underwater cave, passing through a hole to another hole. For you to be able to do that you must be able to stop hold your breath for about 15 seconds for you will be swimming underwater entering a hole and exiting to another hole in the underwater cave. It's also a dangerous stunt for you may be stuck inside those rocks and you will definitely lose air and drown. A foreigner along with my brother and one of my friends tried it, and they were really fascinated with the experience. I wanted to try it too, but, i don't know how to swim under water. :(

Other things that you can enjoy inside the secret beach is the view of a variety of marine life. There are different colors and sizes of fishes in there. They're really interesting and entertaining to look at.
The highlight of our trip to this island is snorkeling. Being able to see the magnificent underwater view alone is already one heck of an experience.

I recommend that if you're planning an island hopping adventure to El Nido, make sure that you book the Tour C, for you to be able to witness and experience the beauty of God's Creation under water.

I am really in awe of God's creations! Experience and see it for yourself.



Adios!

-The Palawenya Explorer



JUNE 2015




(The Secret Beach of El Nido)


After two (2) years, I was finally able to go back to this beautiful island.



(The entrance to the secret beach)
That small hole at the middle bottom part of the picture above is the entrance to the Secret Beach.


A super long school of fishes welcomed us at the entrance of the Secret Beach. I really had a nice time watching them swim. There was A LOT OF FISHES!!



(School of fishes welcoming us to the Secret Beach)

My uncle was able to take some videos of the school of fishes. Check 'em out here:






During my second visit, I've got the chance to see how the Secret Beach looks like if it's low tide.



(Inside the secret beach)

(Me with the Simplicio Family)



 This time, we were able to bring an underwater camera and I've also got photos of the underwater view in the island for you guys. Check them out.

(Underwater View inside the Secret Beach)

(Secret Beach, El Nido, Palawan)

(Secret Beach, June 2015)

(Some small fishes in the Secret Beach)

The way the place looks like when it's high tide is really different as compared to how it looks like when it's low tide.

The place is really worth visiting. Even though I've been in this place already, I still feel like it's my first time to visit the place 'cause there were many things which surprised me.


El Nido's Secret Beach is waiting to surprise you too!




ADIOS!


-The Palawenya Explorer ;)
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment